Join Sword & Shield Risk and Compliance Consultant Michelle Caswell for lunch on Tuesday, Feb. 19 to discover the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ major modifications to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules in the Federal Register.
The lunch runs from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Knoxville Chamber of Commerce’s Market House Ballroom on Market Square. We will also offer participants the chance to win gift certificates to Tupelo Honey.
Topics to be discussed:
- Major changes in the Breach Notification standard
- What policies and procedures need to be revisited based on the revised Rule
- Amending your organization’s Notice of Privacy practices
- Training workforce and promoting an overall sense of security
- Forms that should be updated pursuant to the revised Rule
- Ensuring that an updated risk assessment is in place
- Revising Business Associate contracts
- Direct liability of Business Associates
- Civil monetary penalties
If you can’t see the registration form in your RSS reader, click here.