Sword & Shield is a proven expert in eDiscovery and can help you properly handle digital evidence according to courtroom procedures. We know and respect the rules of evidence to ensure our findings are admissible in court, including industry accepted methodologies, proper forensic techniques, chain of custody, and verification of data integrity. Sword & Shield provides expert consulting on the proper handling of evidence and can create an eDiscovery Readiness Plan that includes data maps and litigation procedures.
Video: What is eDiscovery?
|Initiate a Case|
|Electronic Discovery FAQ|
|Don’t Attempt Your Own Investigation|
|Federal Rules of Civil Procedure|
As part of our eDiscovery services, we partner with our clients to properly identify, collect, and produce electronically stored information in compliance with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP) and applicable state rules. We also prepare eDiscovery Readiness Plans that document where critical data resides and outline step-by-step procedures you can use to prepare for litigation.
Sword & Shield actively works with you and your legal team to respond to discovery requests, ensure that your company is complying with rules governing litigation and properly handle electronic information when initiating litigation.
eDiscovery Readiness Plan
When compared to an unplanned response to a discovery request, active eDiscovery preparation can reduce costs by up to 30 percent. Sword & Shield can prepare your eDiscovery Readiness Plan, including: steps for proper identification, preservation, processing, review and production of electronic data used in litigation—all in compliance with the proper court procedures. Also, we can store your data in our dedicated computer forensics lab, which offers “evidence room” level security.
Even with proper preparation and readiness plans in place, an eDiscovery process still may be required. During these times, Sword & Shield will work with your IT departments and legal counsel to follow the standard methodology to respond to the litigation request by following the acceptable methodology. This includes the following phases of the eDiscovery lifecycle.
- Identification – Locating potential sources of Electronically Stored Information (ESI) & determining their scope, breadth & depth.
- Preservation – Ensuring that ESI is protected against inappropriate alteration or destruction.
- Collection – Gathering ESI for further use in the electronic discovery process (processing, review, etc.).
- Processing – Reducing the volume of ESI and converting it, if necessary, to forms more suitable for review & analysis.
- Review – Evaluating ESI for relevance & privilege.
- Analysis – Evaluating ESI for content & context, including key patterns, topics, people & discussion.
- Production – Delivering ESI to others in appropriate forms & using appropriate delivery mechanisms.
Electronic Document Review Platform
Our full-featured electronic document review platform is provided at a fraction of the cost of traditional eDiscovery providers. Also, we have developed standard eDiscovery pricing models for your larger scale eDiscovery projects. Our eDiscovery services are designed for clients who do not currently have a scalable electronic document review platform in house and have not budgeted to make this investment. The new pricing model provides many advantages over the conventional and complex pricing models that are based on processing alone, including:
- Standard, predictable pricing for all technical phases of the eDiscovery lifecycle,
- Standard pricing that covers one year of document hosting,
- Pricing that is up to 75 percent less than other eDiscovery vendors, and
- Complete technical training which is provided at no additional cost.
All technical aspects of the project are managed by eDiscovery experts acting as liaison between legal and technical teams. Our technology is provided on a SaaS (Software as a Service) model protecting our clients from expensive technology infrastructure costs. Documents may be accessed, reviewed, and analyzed using any computer, even Apple iPads, from any location in a secure manner without installing additional software.
Real Success Stories
See our Real Success Stories page for examples of our electronic discovery work.
Find Out More
Sword & Shield has been outsmarting cyber-criminals and improving security for enterprises around the world since 1997. Fill out our Consultation Request form or call us so we can begin securing your future.
U.S. Toll-free: 800-810-1885